Sunday Lunch Comics is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Any questions regarding this policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a small company dedicated to creating and publishing comics. We are based in the UK. John Charles operates the company as a Sole Trader.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US DIRECTLY
When you purchase products from us or fill out a form on our website.
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE US INDIRECTLY
Information from advertising network analytics providers or search engines.
- WHEN YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the website.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, and products you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
- SOCIAL MEDIA
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
- WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- your bank or credit card details. If you make purchase, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions;
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion.
We do not collect sensitive data about you.
- HOW AND WHY IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with products or information you asked for.
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- conducting analysis to better understand how we can improve our website, products or information;
- notifying you of changes to our products and services;
- sending you communications which you have requested.
- HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes).
We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
- LAWFUL PROCESSING
Performance of a Contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, when you buy products.
Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
We consider our legitimate interests to be running Sunday Lunch Comics in pursuit of our aims. For example to:
- understand how people choose/use our services and products;
- determine the effectiveness of our services, promotional campaigns and advertising;
- enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers;
- better understand how people interact with our website.
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request:
· information about how your personal data is processed
· a copy of that personal data
· that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
· raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
· request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
· ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com.
- KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those using links from our website.
- 16 OR UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
- TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
This website is powered by Squarespace please refer to their article: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000851908.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we'll make this clear on this website.
- REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
This policy was last updated September 2018.